Home>Did it Ourselves Divorce Process

The Do It Yourself Divorce Process

IMPORTANT: This service does not provide legal advice

Welcome to Spectrum Family Law’s unique Desk Divorce Service designed by experienced divorce lawyers to help you and your spouse move on quickly and easily with reasonable and predictable, flat fee packages.

Divorce in Alberta

Divorce in Alberta 300x200If you are looking to file for divorce in Alberta, it is important that you make sure you are aware of the grounds for divorce according to the Divorce Act and that at least one applies to your situation.

Are you and your spouse a candidate for the Did It Ourselves service?

  • you or your spouse have resided in Alberta for the past 12 or more months;
  • you and your spouse agree to all matters concerning property, assets and debts;
  • if spousal support is an issue, you and your spouse are in agreement with spousal support; and
  • if there are dependent children, you and your spouse are in agreement with custody, access and child support.

See What Our Clients Have to Say

Outstanding. Launa Schey is a total professional, as is the admin staff. This firm is professional, effective, and top notch.

R. Nissen

Helpful, knowledgeable and professional. Thank you all! Will be recommending Spectrum to friends and family.

Yeg. M

Would strongly recommend Lorraine to anyone seeking help with divorce. Great professional that knows what needs to be done. The most important Is that she is honest and not trying to extend the process. Very understandable and trying to save your money. Totally recommend her.

S. Brusov

I was nervous at first about getting a representative for a family law matter, so after doing some careful research I found Loraine Mlambo at Spectrum Family Law. She got to work on my case right away and as a result my nightmare soon became a dream come true. She was both courteous and professional not to mention an excellent communicator.

J. Robinson

Uncontested Divorce Packages

Affordable Uncontested Divorce Packages


Uncontested Divorce FLAT FEE Packages

You may have heard the phrase “uncontested divorce” or its other name of “desk divorce”. Both these terms refer to joint divorces where both parties look to end the marriage because it is not working, without any fights or bitterness.

Whereas with an uncontested divorce, one party files for divorce and the other signs in agreement to ending the marriage, a joint divorce is an even more cohesive experience. All decisions and all filing and documents are completed together and filed together.

Winning is nothing to do with it, as it is more about both parties moving onto their next chapters in life as easily and conflict-free as possible.

We can help you and your spouse file successfully for an uncontested divorce with our Uncontested Divorce FLAT FEE package.

Family Law Application Drafting Service

Do it yourself family law application services


We also offer a family law application drafting service covering:

  • Spousal Support Applications
  • Parenting Applications

Spousal support

Also known as spouse support or alimony and can be applied for if you are filing for divorce. It also applies to any couples ending an Adult interdependent relationship. That is a relationship that has lasted for at least three years or involves having a child together.

Parenting Applications

Parenting Agreements, whether they are Access and Custody Orders, Contact Orders or Parenting Orders, are official orders made by the court to legally enforce the amount of time a parent can spend with their child. The details are outlined under the Domestic Relations Act, Provincial Court Act or Divorce Act.

In This Section

    Client Testimonials


    I Was Very Pleased.

    “I was very pleased with how Launa and her assistant Carmen took care of me through the whole process. They were professional as well as very understanding and compassionate. I always felt understood as well as understood all communicated to me. I would very much recommend Launa And her team.”

    — B. R.


    She Helped Me Win!

    “Lorraine was very easy going , super nice and caring. Knowledgeable and professional. She helped me win !!! Thank you very much, now we can move on to a better part of our live’s !!! Definitely recommend.”

    — J. D.


    Questions about
    a legal matter?

    Our philosophy is simple: help people get through a difficult time in life with care, compassion, and with practical and effective legal guidance.